Wednesday, October 31, 2012

THIS WILL BE THE START OF SOMETHING...

Good? I don't know if I can guarantee that, but I'm going to try.

See, I'm not good at this whole blogging thing. Terrible, in fact. I've made multiple attempts and failed every single time. Even when a grade was involved (stupid art school). The problem that I've had is that I like to know who I'm talking to, or, even less specifically, that I am talking to SOMEONE. I'm sure, however, that I'm not the only one to experience this when facing the world of the web, but it's daunting. Very, very daunting.

I'm going to start this like a first date. You and me. I'll tell you about myself...maybe you'll share something about yourself.

Currently, I work as a kitchen designer at a local home improvement store. I can't say which one, as I am pretty sure I signed something that said I wasn't allowed to blog about it. Other than telling you I spend 40 hours a week there, and I generally like my job--even though it subtracts valuable time away from promoting my work, crafting, and making art--I can't say much else. And that's fine with me.

My two cats are named Leto and Ghanima. I'm extremely proud of this. I firmly believe that everything that deserves a name should a) fit its name and b) have a name that's meaningful. More on this later.

I never have enough time--or space, actually--to do the things I want. I went to school for printmaking, graphic design, and photography, though I dabbled in glass making (burning myself repeatedly) as well. I make and sell jewelry when I'm not writing or doing these other things. And all that is around feeding my boyfriend and cats.

Finally, I am the author of a brand new vampire novel Benajah's Keeper. I am very excited to have this book available, not simply because it is my "brain child" or really anything as emotional or sentimental as that. I just think the world is ready for something new. Or as new as vampire novels can get.

There are a few things I hope to achieve on this blog. The first is the most obvious: promote my book. This includes the usual promotional stuff--news, sale info, etc... I would also like to provide insight to my methods, my choices, and overall experience of being a self published author. Something that seems  like a fun idea to me, which would only work once a fair amount of people have read Benajah's Keeper, is to hold art contests or discussions about the characters, for instance which actors would be in the movie if it ever were to be one (in a perfect fairytale world, of course).

What I DON'T want to see is this blog go by the wayside. The more interaction from you, the more I'm likely to post. No pressure.

Until we meet again,

Aeryn

1 comment:

  1. You know me!! I also used to work at un-named Home Improvement store :) I currently live in El Paso and attend school as a graduate student on my way to a PhD. I love that you have published your book and hope to hear all about your process as an aspiring writer myself...if I ever get the time.

    ReplyDelete