Monday, January 28, 2013

SO THIS MORNING...

...I totally had a "I should write a blog post about that" moment. Now that I have time to sit down and write one, of course, I've forgotten. I have vague, transient thoughts on what that idea may have been but nothing concrete. Instead I'll just fill you in on my week.

It was my birthday this week (1-2-3!). I turned 25. I officially feel adult-ish, and I'm not really sure why. I've been out of school for almost 3 years. Had an actual apartment for that long, too. I have a full-time job. All adult-ish things. Yet, turning over my 24th year definitely felt like something. Weird.

So, to celebrate I did a couple things. I dyed my hair--the first time in 3 years. It might not be a coincidence that that number matches up with my first adult like behaviors. Or it might be that after trying to dye my hair blond (while being red headed) fried it so badly, I thought it might need a break. Either, really. But it's red AND blonde now--ombre style! So take that world!

My friends and I had a nice country style sort of dinner that included fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and packet gravy (not proud of that one but still tasty). That was nice. And delicious. Kudos where deserved there.

Lastly, probably most prolifically, I posted Benajah's Keeper for free on Kindle. And holy crap, it was a success. I was planning on having maybe 100 downloads. 500 was like my "wouldn't it be great" daydream. By the end of the 5 days it was listed, the book had 2,830 downloads...from all around the world.

I'm not posting this number to brag. Hell, I don't even know if it's something that one should be as proud of as I am. I'm putting this out there because I am simply blown away.

Now, I realize that not every single one of those users is going to read my book. Some of them may have downloaded it simply because it is Kindle-lendable, and there is some benefit to them doing this. (Note: I did this on purpose. People are going to pirate shit no matter what...) But some portion of them ARE going to read it, and that's freaking awesome.

All in all, a good birthday, folks. Thanks so much for your support and readership! It couldn't be done without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment